Wednesday 8 October 2014

AFC Mansfield 2- Radcliffe Olympic

(For my records)

Wednesday 8th October 2014 - kick off 8:06pm due to generator failure

Venue: The Forest Town Arena, Forest Town, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Competition: Notts F.A. Senior Cup 1st Round

Referee: Wayne Davenport

Scorers: Dean Rick (25), Jordan Villums (81)

Line-ups: No idea


The 50th game of the season for "ontheroad" and I have to say congratulations if you decided to give this a miss - I wish I had!  I thought I had arrived a little late - but as I made my way into the ground it was noticable that the floodlights weren't on. Apparently some kind of generator problem.  The game eventually kicked off just after 8pm.

AFC missed four really good chances in the first 15 minutes - after that the game became less than entertaining. It took until the 45th minute for the Bulls to capitalise on their dominance,  DEAN RICK drilling the ball home from 12 yards. JORDAN VILLUMS added a second on 75, bundling the ball home at the far stick after the Radcliffe defenders failed to clear their lines. F-T 2-0

Admission: £3.00
Programme: £1.50
Attendance: 65
Charity: £1.50